Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm in love... with a diaper

It's early in the morning. Your eyes are only half open as you approach your child's room. Your child, of course, is fully awake and raring to go but you are still semi-comatose. The last thing you want to find before you've had your morning cup of coffee is your child soaked head to toe because their overnight diaper just couldn't handle the load.

But that's what you find. Again.

So you strip her down, start a bath for her and remove all the bedding from her crib, including her favorite spot-clean only lovey bear. None of this was on your agenda for today.

Does this routine sound familiar? Then it's time to get Huggies Overnights. Seriously, go now. I'll wait.

I could tell immediately after removing one Huggies Overnights diaper from the package that nothing was getting through these suckers. And I was right. An entire package of Huggies Overnights used and not one leak. Not one!

(No, that's not enough emphasis)

NOT ONE!

(That's better)

There wasn't even that thin band of wetness at the top of my daughter's pajama pants that I normally found almost every morning. For me, that was the true test because my daughter is quite acrobatic when she's asleep. So either the absorbent pad in the diaper did its job or the diaper moved with her really well. Or maybe both.

Does it sound like I'm gushing? (Ha! Gushing!) Well, I am and I'm not ashamed. I may be in love with a diaper.

The only negative thing I can say about Huggies Overnights is that the diapers were a bit more fortified than other diapers my daughter has used, so the first time I put one on her she was confused by the extra bulk. But she got comfortable with them very quickly. I think she may be happy with the dryness, too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I base my satisfaction with a product on how many people I would recommend it to. I'm fairly certain my girlfriends are sick of hearing me sing the praises of Huggies Overnights, but I know for a fact that a few of them have tried them on their kids. The verdict so far? Not one negative comment.

With all this raving about a diaper you're probably wondering if I think Huggies Overnights is the second coming. Well, I don't think Huggies Overnights are going to save the world but I think they'll, at least, save you some washing. In my busy life that's enough.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a child who bedwet for many years and we would use huggies overnights on him. They worked the best of all things tried once he was Kindergarten age. Although, we were also fond of pull-ups.

When my kids were under two years old though I would just move them up to the next size of diaper for overnights, even if they were only 15 lbs and the diaper said it was for 22 lbs. It just killed me to spend that extra cost on the overnights or pull-ups. :) I know the cost of washing everything would equal out, it's just a mental thing.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Good tip to keep in mind when my boy gets bigger...

4:48 PM  
Blogger the real ~Roxann~ said...

Well you and I have the same object of our love affair....I LOVE HUGGIES OVERNIGHTS!!!!! My little sweetie was waking up in puddles of pee pee and I WAS DONE with the constant bedding/clothing changes!!! (None of my 3 boys had this happen EVERY NIGHT!!!)

Then, I sucked it up and paid the extra cash for a package of HUGGIES OVERNIGHTS, not truly believing it would work.

We are now on our 2nd bag of these wonderful diapers and we also have NOT HAD ONE LEAK! NOT ONE!!!

Yea for us!!! (and sleep!)

Roxann

3:29 PM  
Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

My lil tato bug isn't quite to the Huggies Overnight stage yet, but once she is I shall definately keep your review in mind. There's nothing like a leaky bottom to ruin a good nights sleep.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Mrs. Chicky, you slay me. Thanks for a fantastic review, including all the fabulous sound bites.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home